What conditions does Megan treat?
Megan specialises in upper limb and hand injuries and conditions. Common injuries and conditions Megan treats are:
- Fractures and dislocations
- Crush and compression injuries
- Amputations and degloving injuries
- Burns, lacerations and wounds
- Sprains, strains and joint instability
- Nerve injuries
- Tendon Injuries
- Arthritis – rheumatoid and osteo
- Dupuytrens Disease
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- De Quervains Syndrome
- Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis
- Tigger finger and thumb
- Congenital hand anomalies
Megan also specialises in Scar Management. The types of scarring Megan can treat are keloid/hypertrophic scars from trauma, burns, surgical incisions or grafting
What services does Megan offer?
- Hand evaluation and treatment
- Oedema and wound management
- Soft tissue and joint mobilisation
- Splinting, bracing and casting
- Pain management joint protection strategies
- Strengthening, stabilisation and endurance training
- Desensitisation and sensory skills
- Adaptive equipment for independence
- Return to work negotiation
- Medico-legal reports
Routine services are performed at the clinic with home, hospital, school and worksite visits also available for additional cost.
Does Megan treat work cover and TAC patients?
Megan is able to treat patients who have a current WorkCover or TAC claim related to a upper limb or hand injury. If you are WorkCover or TAC patient please bring your claim number and any other relevant details to your first consultation. TAC and WorkCover Patients are bulk billed, with no out of pocket cost.
How much do consultations cost?
Please contact us on (03) 9340 5855 for information regarding consultation fees.
Please note that splints, braces rehabilitation equipments and other products supplied during consultations are not included in the consultation fee.
Can Megan treat patients with Enhanced Primary Care Plans (EPC)?
Yes, Megan is registered with Medicare to provide treatment under an EPC plan. We are unable to process the Medicare claim for you and the rebate will not cover the entire consultation fee.
Can I get anything back on my Private Health Insurance?
Megan is registered with all Private Health Insurers, depending on you level of cover you might be able to make a claim with you private health fund. Please note that we do not do HICAPS at our practice, so you will need to make the claim yourself to receive your rebate from your private health fund.